22 Winning Topics For An Argument Essay On Prohibition
The prohibition in the United States was repealed after just thirteen years. In that time, however, a number of topics were developed worth exploring in an argument essay. Here are 22 worth consideration:
- Do you think the prohibition amendment was ratified in response to women activists who were seeking equal voting rights?
- How did the estimate and apparent rise of alcohol consumption across the nation in the 1850s encourage the debate about prohibition?
- How did prohibition lead to the rise of organized crime in major cities across the United States and could it have been prevented?
- Do you think the United States should reintroduce prohibition or tax alcohol with a higher rate as a means to lower the amount being consumed?
- Do you believe a prohibition law similar to the law passed in the early 20th century work today in your state?
- Would prohibition or a similar law regulating the consumption of alcohol have a different effect in today’s society?
- What are the biggest similarities and differences between prohibition and the War on Drugs? Do you think the U.S. learned from the results of prohibition?
- What were the greatest social and economic effects of prohibition in the early 20th century? Did it influence the following decades in any way?
- Why do think the Federal Government decided to regulate the consumption of alcohol anyways rather than impose higher taxes?
- Did prohibition give rise to America’s bootleggers and moonshiners counter-culture in the United States?
- Do you think the very act of prohibiting alcohol distribution and consumption promoted curiosity in people?
- Was organized crime the biggest factor behind the bringing about the end to the prohibition era or were there other pressures?
- What were the immediate societal and economic effects of repealing prohibition in the early 20th century?
- How did F. Scott Fitzgerald deal with the issue of prohibition in his classic American novel “The Great Gatsby”.
- Did prohibition lead to rise to other types of crime? And if so why do you think congress didn’t consider the relationship before passing the amendment?
- Do you think the repeal of prohibition paved the way for the United States’ current societal push to legalize marijuana?
- Do you think that if there had been a greater emphasis on enforcement of prohibition then the amendment would have been a success?
- Do you think the amendment was repealed because of the rise of crimes or because of public pressures from normal citizens?
- Do you think that the thirteen years in which prohibition was in effect was a failure largely because of lack of enforcement?
- Do you think the lessons learned from prohibition posit support for legalization of all types of drugs in the U.S.?
- Do you think that prohibition was destined to fail right from the start and that it may have only been a political ploy to gain voting support?
- Which political group was the most responsible for the repeal of the prohibition amendment and did it lead to future success?
If you want to learn more about writing a great argument essay, check it out.